sexta-feira, 9 de outubro de 2009

miss

perder algo bom (festa, filme, diversão)

You missed the big surprise party.

You missed a great movie on TV last night.

You missed your son's teen years, nothing can make up for that.

I missed the bus, now I'll have to take a taxi.

Don't miss this exciting opportunity!

I've missed the chance of my life, now things won't be so great for a while.

2. errar

You missed me, shoot again, you bastard!

He shot me with an arrow, sir, he missed my chest, but hit my leg, see?

You missed the target.

3. sentir falta/saudade de

I miss you a lot, Jane, when will you come back home?

Anne, who died on July 22, will be sadly missed by all who knew her.

4. não ver, ouvir, notar, deixar passar despercebido

Hey, you missed the street, now you have to go back.

I missed what you said, could you repeat, please?

He completely missed the point of what I was saying.

Turn left and you'll see a statue, you can't miss it, it's very big.

5.faltar, não comparecer a

That's the fifth time you miss class this month, son, they'll kick you out if you go on like that.

She never missed a meeting.

6. não acertar

The shot missed her by inches.

The arrow missed my leg, but hit my foot.

Ronaldinho missed the goal.

He tried to score, but missed.

The plane crashed, narrowly missing a hotel.

7.evitar

I left early to miss the rush-hour traffic.

8. não cumprir (prazo)

You missed the deadline again, sorry, but I'll have to fire you.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário