sexta-feira, 9 de outubro de 2009

hit

hit

1.Bater em, espancar

she hit her child all the time, that's why they took it from her.

A car hit my wall, now I have to build another one.

The ball hit the window, let's run away!

He hit the ball with a bat.

2. atropelar

A car hit her when she was going to the supermarket.

A taxi almost hit him as he was crossing the street.

He was hit by a truck and died.

3. afetar muito, causar um grande baque

The tragedy hit her hard and she took quite a while to get over it.

Our department has been badly hit by the cutbacks.

4.atingir, chegar a

Government spending will hit 1 billion.

What time did you hit town yesterday?

5.dar-se conta, tocar-se (it hit me)

It hit me that I had forgotten the gas on.

6. dar uma pancada, porrada, murro

She hit him in the face.

He was hit over the head with a broken bottle.

7.acertar

She shot at me and hit me, now she'll pay for it, I promise!

Did you miss or hit the target?

8.pisar em, meter a mão em

Hit the brakes or we'll hit the wall!

9.pedir dinheiro emprestado no valor de (hit somebody for $)

She hit her friend for 10 dollars.

10. procurar, ir a

This is the best time to hit the stores.

11. dar uma carta para (em jogo de baralho, etc)

Hit me again, my cards are lousy.

12. bater

I accidentally hit my head on/against the side of the door.

I hit my elbow on the wall.

13. atacar

Our plan is to hit the enemy before they can hit us.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário